Sunday 2 December 2012

Medications and Hallucinations

As I was perusing my delightfully enthralling stack of medical paperwork last night, I came across my prescription for the painkillers I am told I will be reliant on after my surgery. After some deciphering of my doctor's handwriting (approximately ten minutes of said deciphering), I managed to decode some of the medications. Included in the list were Panadeine Forte, Penicillin, Nurofen and some others that we will leave up to the pharmacists' decoding skills. I was prescribed Panadeine Forte a couple of years ago for a broken ankle that required surgery to insert a screw into it, and the results were quite amusing to say the least. It turns out that I am intolerant to Codine, one of the major ingredients in this delightful painkiller, and after ten minutes of blissful pain relief, I am told (to the great amusement of others) that I repeatedly started yelling that someone was trying to take my leg, by tying a rope around it and trying to pull it off. Needless to say, my parents reduced my dosage of that particular one, and are quite adamant that I will not be having it this time around, I can imagine it now.... "Someone is trying to take my mouth! They're tying ropes around it and they're trying to pull it off!" That could be funny... Obviously not for me though.

On another note....
I go to my 'splint-fitting' appointment tomorrow, and will also be forced to endure the withdrawal of some of my blood-considering that its kind of vital for my survival, I think that my anxiety and indignation is valid. But anyway, it's another step in my  ever-advancing journey toward a headache and underbite free life! 1 week and 5 days left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment